Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Should be Rogers last inning

Unless he could pitch to Encarnacion the rest of the game. My god. He looks clueless out there.

It will be very interesting to see how Rogers reacts to questions about the foreign substance on his pitching hand after the game. I have played with pine tar, and after looking at the picture a couple of more times, that doesn't really look like pine tar. But it was something foreign. And probably something illegal.

Rogers has been pitching a brilliant game, regardless. Not so much with funky pitches, but good repetoire and location. So, it will be unfortunate that his game will be mired by the orange substance on his hand.

UPDATE:

I have looked at the pictures a couple of more times, a couple of more angles. I am convinced of one thing - it is not dirt. It might be pine tar. I am not certain as to what it is, just from pictures.

It seems extremely fishy that the substance also appeared in the same spot, on the same hand, in both of Kenny's other magnificent post-season starts. Something is going on here.

I find it shocking that La Russa did not press the umpires on this issue moreso. Secondly, I do not believe that MLB will sweep this under the rug. There is some more digging to do. Especially with regular season games.

No comments: