Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Missing a Flight

It sucks!!!

Paige and I should be in Wisconsin RIGHT NOW. We should be sleeping, actually, after a busy day in San Francisco and a flight to Milwaukee. We should be resting for our trip to Green Bay, WI tomorrow to see the Packers-Browns NFL game, and the Reggie White #92 Retirement ceremony at half-time. We should also be plotting our Sunday evening trip to Sheboygan Falls, WI - where I used to live when I was a little kid. We were going to spend the day Monday there, visit Jandrea, and then head home.

Instead, we are in Santa Rosa, CA at Paige's parents house. GAWD!

I am very disappointed. I was really looking forward to spending the day tomorrow with my brother, James, at the football game, as well as seeing him and my folks tonight. I was also looking forward to meeting Moxie - Jacie's new pet chihuahua - who was going to greet us at the airport and the ride home. I was also looking forward to visiting the old haunts in Sheboygan Falls.

Just writing this post makes me angry. It also makes me hot, because the laptop is on my lap as I type, and is making me sweat. Which reminds me of sweating as Paige and I sprinted to try to make our flight. We got to the airport 40 minutes before our flight was to leave - so we thought. In fact, our flight was leaving 10 minutes earlier than advertised, and we were late. So the options at the counter were: (A) leaving at 8:00 PM (PDT) on a United flight for an additional $2,500.00; or (B) taking the same flight we just missed tomorrow for the same price (nothing additional). We understandably went with the latter.

Well, two things did work out from our little misadventure. First, Paige and I got to watch the UW-UNC football game on ESPN2HD at Paige's parents' house. It was a blah game, with the Badgers winning 14-5. Second, Paige and I got to see her sister, Lynly, one more time before she moves to Washington, D.C. So that made the night a little more worthwhile.

Also, because I am missing the Packers game tomorrow (we won't be getting into Milwaukee until 9:00 PM (CDT)), it forces me to make another trip back to Wisconsin before the Packers' season ends. Right now, it looks like that will be for New Years, since the Packers' last game of the regular season is on Sunday, January 1, 2006. That game could also be Brett Favre's last game - if the Packers do not make the playoffs and Brett decides to hang-up the cleats. This also means I will be spending New Years Eve in the midwest again, hopefully making up for my lackluster performance last year -"falling asleep" at about 11:45 PM.

Well, I the eternal optomist can always put a positive spin on any misadventure. At least we got that going for us. Well, just remind me to get to the airporter by 9:30 AM tomorrow, alright?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog, keep it up. Have you heard about the Packer game from this past Sunday, probably good thing you missed the game. They lost. Anyway, the Vikings suck too so we might as well suck it up and have a few beers this weekend to make up for it. Your Friend-Ryan Anderson