Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Wedding Weekend Spectacular 2005

Paige and I were in Wisconsin this weekend, celebrating the marriage of three couples. Yes, that is correct, three. Paige was standing in the wedding of Todd and (now) Kathryn Nova in Milwaukee, while I was standing in the wedding of Ryan and (now) Jenny Nowak. The third wedding was that of Chris and (now) Amanda Tollefsen, also in Milwaukee. Our friends, Kathleen McClellan and Joy Wilke were our representatives at that wedding, for we were unable to attend given our duties.

Although Paige and I were separated for the weekend, I still managed to have a lot of fun. Both of the weddings we attended went smoothly and were grand times, indeed. Personally, I did a fantastic job as a groomsman, setting the pace of the entrance to the church, smiling as much as my face could smile, and recalling my cues like a snap. I also looked good in my tux. However, I am pretty sure Jenny outshined me, looking beautiful in her wedding dress, and almost went the whole ceremony without crying... but I did see her dab a few tears. Ryan, on the other hand, was "as cool as the other side of the pillow" and I don't believe he cried. So I lost a dollar there. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me, and thus will be relying on the kindness of others to get pictures onto the blog. Stay tuned.

At the reception, I got to spend a lot of time with friends from Mukwonago High School who I may have not seen before departing to California. I was also trying to sell my planned October 2006 wedding in California to all these folks, hoping that they will be able to make a four day weekend or something out of it. This, all the while drinking and dancing up a storm. Phil and I were drinking brandy old fashioneds like Derek on a Tuesday night. I was also able to buy Mr. Nowak - Ryan's dad - a Jagger Bomb not 5 minutes after he swore them off for good.

Overall, it was a classic wedding, and one I was honored to be apart of. Best of luck to Ryan and Jenny, who depart to St. Lucia next weekend.

I also want to wish all the best to the other two, new happy couples - the Novas and the Tollefsens. Thank you for inviting me to share in your special day, and I am sorry I was unable to attend. All four of you were in my thoughts, and I am sure your day was just as beautiful, special, and fun as Jenny's and Ryan's - well, maybe not as beautiful, cause I wasn't there. ZING!!!

No comments: