Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Here's a shocker

Bradford Beach was the city of Milwaukee's dirtiest beach:

"[I]f you took a swim on any given day last summer at any of the city's beaches you had a better than 50-50 chance of dousing yourself with E. coli - a type of bacteria commonly linked with fecal material - at potentially unhealthy levels."

Gotta love those percentages.

According to the article, affixing blame is difficult for scientists. Well, I am pretty sure I know one place to start:

"[T]he Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District dumped at least 1.7 billion gallons of untreated sewage during heavy May 2004 rainstorms, according to its most recent estimates."

Here is always a great sign:

"Through Monday, all Milwaukee beaches were posted good for swimming."

I think I would take my chances with the blue-green algae elsewhere in the state.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milwaukee has a beach ? Does anybody ever go there ? I thought you just drank all the time, ate cheese and watched That 70's show reruns.

Just Kidding