Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

RE: Favre Retires


Here are my thoughts, explained to a co-worker:

It has been a tough day today. I honestly felt like crying in the shower this morning. I am sure my older brother was just as inconsolable. Yep, here we are, 28 and 30 respectively, and as pathetic as we were at 12 and 14.

Since I was a boy, Favre has been in my thoughts and dreams. He has been a part of some of my fondest memories. He has caused me so much happiness and enjoyment. Honestly, one of my top 5 dreams in life - right this moment - is to see him win another Super Bowl. It is kind of hard to imagine a day from September-January from 1992-2008 where the man didn't dominate my thoughts for the day. Heck, probably during the off-season as well.

It is going to make the NFL and the Packers much different to watch. It is kind of hard to explain. But, I am sure you know what I mean.

In a sense, I am excited for the "newness" of it all. I am also relieved to not have to worry about him getting hurt, tarnishing his "Iron-Man" reputation. Or watch as his skills diminish and fans forget how good he is.

But in reality, I am just sad and a little scared.

No comments: