Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Where's My Refund?

The IRS has $110 million in unclaimed refund checks. The refund checks, averaging about $953, can be claimed as soon as taxpayers update their addresses with the IRS. Some taxpayers have more than one check waiting.

In order to do so, taxpayers must either use an online tool - Where's My Refund - through the IRS website or call the IRS at 1-800-829-1954. Either way, you will need to know your social security number, filing status on your return, and the exact amount you claimed as a refund on the year in question.

If you do not have this information, you can obtain it by contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Taxpayers who are uncomfortable dealing with the IRS directly can hire a tax resolution law firm - like my office, Roni Lynn Deutch, A Professional Tax Corporation - who can obtain the necessary information, update your address, and get a detailed accounting of your IRS tax account.

No comments: