Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Blogging the Bible

David Plotz, a writer for Slate.com, is blogging the bible. It is a pretty good read. He has been doing since September 2006. Here is his plan:

My goal is pretty simple. I want to find out what happens when an ignorant person actually reads the book on which his religion is based. I think I'm in the same position as many other lazy but faithful people (Christians, Jews, Moslems, Hindus). I love Judaism; I love (most of) the lessons it has taught me about how to live in the world; and yet I realized I am fundamentally ignorant about its foundation, its essential document. So, what will happen if I approach my Bible empty, unmediated by teachers or rabbis or parents? What will delight and horrify me? How will the Bible relate to the religion I practice, and the lessons I thought I learned in synagogue and Hebrew School?

Personally, I have read up to Psalms so far.

No comments: