Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Does this qualify as an apology?

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line, to them I extend my heartfelt apologies."

Think about it, people. When you were 8, and were reprimanded by your mother for hitting your little brother/sister, and you were told to apologize, would, "Johnnie, I know you may believe that me hitting you was wrong. Therefore, I am sorry that you feel that way.", suffice? I mean, c'mon people!

Mom would probably grab you by the arm and say something like, "that was not an apology. I want you to go up to your room and think about how what you did was wrong. Then maybe you will understand why what you did (or said) was wrong."

Well, I guess Senator Dick Durbin (D - IL) had lousy parents. And so must have most of the MSM. Cause most of them are taking the above as an actual apology.

What Senator Durbin said about a week ago was almost treasonous as it was laughable. Comparing the playing of Christina Aguilera music... loudly, and the switching of room temperature from hot to cold, does not equate with death or forced labor.

Hmm, think about it. You have two options. Immediate bullet to the temple, or living in unpredictable room temperature? What would you choose?

UPDATE:

Here is the video of Sen. Durbin's apology. Too little too late.

UPDATE 2:

Here is the video of Sen. Durbin's original damning statement. F.I.B.

No comments: