Inconsistent chatter from a Sacramento-based 'Sconi attorney.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amending Returns

From Our Taxing Times:

The IRS did a major revision on the 1040X in 2009. This has led to a confusion on which form to use for amending returns for tax years prior to 2008 the new 1040X or the old form which was the form in effect during that year. The answer I just heard is either. The Service is planning to accept either form through 2011.

No comments: